Tuesday 10 February 2009

Whats my style?

As I start to prepare my cigar box I have some time to ponder what i want the finished thing to look like. There are many designs of cigar-box ukuleles, and I have to balance 'aesthetics' with 'playability' with time and money.

However I am drawn to a particular style that im still trying to define. Daddy-mojo seems to know what i mean - admittedly these are guitars, but i like the sound hole positioning and bezels (though i doubt I'll go for the fancy artwork to start with)
Anyone know where I can get some of those bezels?

And then there's the decision to make about whether I keep the box openable or glue it shut. There's an argument that gluing it shut makes the instrument more ridged and give a better sound quality, but on the other hand its quite a novelty to be able to open the bakc of your playable instrument (even better if you still keep a couple of cigars in it)

No comments:

Post a Comment