Saturday 28 February 2009

To close or not to close


I really wanted my cigarbox uke to be an opening one. I really like the idea of being able undo the catch and look inside. Im not sure why I like that idea - its not like the box is even practical like a lunch-box uke where you put your sandwiches in for the intermission.
So it was my intention to keep it an opening one - and perhaps get a bit inventive with some internal bracing to put some rigidty back into the open sided box. However, it is not to be. The Lid of my box is quite distorted and bowed and so I have decided to glue it shut (as John Colter had recommended at the symposium)
Note. its not the corner-post in my box that is preventing it from closing - that is the correct size. The lid is definitely bowed

No comments:

Post a Comment