Wednesday 18 March 2009

Trimming


At last comes the trimming. The bit that turns turns your newly painted vehicle into that blinged up custom car- its amazing what difference a few shiney bits can make to your labour of love.
Fitting the machine heads were pretty simple, and with a little bit of araldite glue, the eyelets settled into place perfectly - I really like the look of these :-)
And finally came the strings - I could hardly contain my excitement...... this was it, I was going to find out if it sounded as good as it looked.
However, if you've ever put new strings on a new instrument you will know that its not an immediately gratifying experience - it takes a while for the strings and the instrument to settle and stretch, so it was quite a while before I could "give it a go".

No comments:

Post a Comment